Author Topic: Shivers down spine?  (Read 16298 times)

Offline InhabitedFossil

• Transformed
Shivers down spine?
« on: July 12, 2008, 01:05:10 am »
I'm curious...does the phrase "shiver down my spine"  mean more of a feeling or an actual shiver?

I've always "shivered" (only way I can describe it, spasm is somewhat like it, but it's not painful, and I'm not cold).  It comes and goes, sometimes once a week, sometimes once a month.  I can usually feel when it comes, and it happens everywhere, there is no medical explanation that I've found for it.

I do have extremely mild cerebral palsy, it hardly affects my muscles, I didn't know I had it until my doctor mentioned it when I was 17, but when I mentioned the shivering to my doctors, a child one, and an adult doctor, both had the same answer.  That my cp couldn't cause this, and they had no idea what could cause it at all, it's apparently something very odd.

I'm starting this "shiver" I get could be related paranormal, since there is no explanation I can find for it, and I may have supressed it, I got this feeling more when I was younger, experimenting with religions, such as wicca (parent's didn't like it, so they put a stop to that-they tend to be close-minded), and my dad would yell at me every time I shivered...

Just a thought, not sure if it's directly related to the paranormal or if it is a medical thing, just thought I'd here everyone's opinion on here.
Currently thinking of a new signature....I like to change these often, since change is the spice of life.  At least according to me it is.

Offline Star Specter

• Transformed
Shivers down spine?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 02:28:41 am »
That happens to me all the time. I'd say at least a few times a week and maybe even once a day. I always assumed it was normal and happened to girls more than guys but I have no idea where I got that info now that I think about it and I never see it happen to anyone else nor hear it mentioned. I usually feel it coming on a split second before it happens and try to control it so people don't think I have something weird wrong with me. It's tough to suppress though and I can only control it halfway. Doesn't have anything to do with temperature and can happen out in 100 degrees, but I might feel a chill on the inside for like a second, it's hard to tell though. It doesn't have any weird side effects so I don't think there's anything muscular wrong with me. Maybe one of those science books with random facts has the answer we seek? I know guys get the "pee shivers," lol.
-When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for me.
^_~ Yes, I'm a fiery redhead. ~

Offline Enlightened

• Transformed
Shivers down spine?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 02:34:28 am »
Is it like an energy traveling along your spine?  You might want to think about the possibility of a kundalini awakening.

You can check out the signs and symptoms here:

http://kundalini-teacher.com/guidance/testgui.php

Offline InhabitedFossil

• Transformed
Shivers down spine?
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 03:08:58 am »
Wow star, glad to hear I'm not alone in this weird back thing.  I know my feet tend to get cold, which makes me think there is something wrong with my nerves, but have no idea what.

Enlightened, it does feel like energy sometimes, and after reading that site, I think it could be, except the only difference is mine always starts from the shoulders and goes downwards.  I think....I never really payed attention to where it started.  I don't see any bright lights of anything when it happens, it's just like a shiver, and usually leaves my skin all tingly....that was extremely odd, as I typed it, I had the feeling I was going to "shiver", and it happened, just as I typed that I never really pay attention to it...These 'shivers' mainly seem to happen around my upper back, but I have had them travel down the whole length of my spine.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep looking for more information, let me know if anyone else finds something interesting ;)  I have another doctor's appt on the 17th, so I guess I'll just pester him for some more information/advice on what it may be.
Currently thinking of a new signature....I like to change these often, since change is the spice of life.  At least according to me it is.

Offline InhabitedFossil

• Transformed
Shivers down spine?
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 08:56:49 pm »
So a poor circulation issue silver?  (That's the only thing i can think of that'd relate to tallish-ness).

I'm not tall, my cold feet aparently are part of some weird thing that usually happens with people's hands (my friend has this in her hands, they get so cold they turn blue), yet it is capable of making itself known in your feet.  Luckily, my feet haven't done it in a while, but it has gotten so bad that I'll have like...3 warm blankets wrapped around my feet, and they still don't get warm.

Offline MB2478

• Transparent
same
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 02:13:49 am »
any body constantly have a sensation sort of in your spine, but can control when a shiver is sent down your spine? i can do it all the time i dont know what it is, but if i think about it i can send a shiver down my spine. no clue how i do it though.

Offline ElvisFan1989

• Translucent
Shivers down spine?
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 04:59:25 pm »
I get this all the time, but when I get it, it starts from the bottom of my spine, travels up and stops at the top of my head.

Offline rebekahdarian

• I'm an angel...dont you believe me?!?!
  • Transformed
  • Life is full of misery, but it all ends to soon.
Shivers down spine?
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2009, 07:00:00 pm »
Ever since I was little I always thought that when people got shivers and chills it was when spirit guides, angels, past loved ones, ect. Were patting you on the back or shoulder, where ever the chills and shivers started. I have heard other theories, though, like spirit guides or angels giving you shivers on one shoulder or side for 'yes' and the other for 'no'.

I haven't ever heard about the 'cold feet' thing, I can't remember ever getting it.... Maybe someone else will chime in and be able to give more information.
Men weren't really the enemy- they were fellow victims suffering from an outmoded masculine mystique that made them feel unnecessarily inadequate when there were no bears to kill.
- Betty Friedan

http://becausetheangelstoldmeso.blogspot.com/

Offline Alice09

• Translucent
Shivers down spine?
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 10:35:58 am »
i get shivers all the time for no reason, could be anything

Archive X Paranormal Stories 1995-2014. Janet L. and Samuel K. Spitzner