Author Topic: Can a Body be a Container for More than One Soul?  (Read 17688 times)

Offline mslemon

• Supreme Kitty Overlord
  • Administrator
Can a Body be a Container for More than One Soul?
« on: February 03, 2010, 06:04:53 pm »
This thread is started from a post by SilverLining in this thread where the tangent was brought up. I though it needed its own thread for a thorough discussion. I find this fascinating!

So do you think more than one soul can reside in a body? How about simultaneously? Can souls split? And what about people with Multiple Personality Disorder, do they have a soul for each personality they harbor?

Wow! The implications of this are mind-boggling!
♫   ♩
You can't always get what you want...      
but if you try sometimes, you just might find
you get what you need...

Offline rebekahdarian

• I'm an angel...dont you believe me?!?!
  • Transformed
  • Life is full of misery, but it all ends to soon.
Re: Can a Body be a Container for More than One Soul?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 06:36:08 pm »
I do think the soul can split into two simultanious lives. I think, that if the soul is 'advanced' enough, that it can split its self into thirds. One for each human embodiment, and one to stay in the spirit realm.

I don't know much about the multiple personality disorder, but I suppose it's possible for a person to harbor more than one spirit.

(I like this topic too. :D)
Men weren't really the enemy- they were fellow victims suffering from an outmoded masculine mystique that made them feel unnecessarily inadequate when there were no bears to kill.
- Betty Friedan

http://becausetheangelstoldmeso.blogspot.com/

Offline all_outta_angst

• \
  • Transcended
  • QUACk! translation....@#$%!
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 12:54:17 am »
I disagree with the body containing more than one soul.

we have evidence of it occurring- for example when people are possessed
possession is usually a term regarded for the church to refer to evil spirits such as the devil or demon.  I don't believe these are souls.  Souls and spirits are two different things.  A spirit is an umbrella term; where a soul fits into that category.  Also, something seen as a possession can actually be misdiagnosed when a disorder or illness is actually present.

I don't think a soul can be divided because that would take away who you essentially are.  Divided among yourself creates two different and very new things.  The very essence of your old "self" is non existent so how could your very own consciousness still exist?  sure you may have two or multiple new souls, but you yourself cease to exist.  Your just energy to feed a new being.  Let me use a perfect example.  Your physical body...when it dies...your body decays...essentially energy is not dissapating, but it is being conversed into the ground and organisms...your body will dissapear through rot and be recycled.  Now you are feeding new and multiple organisms...it doesn't mean you become those organisms..your just part of them.  your very body is no more...of what made you...you has ceased.  so if your soul divides, why would you still classify it as one conscience?  and how would you reach enlightenment by re-attaching unless those divided souls are incomplete?  are they complete divided new souls?  that's what i find the most interesting.

If you were to bisect the human brain straight down the middle of the septum...the right and left hemisphere cannot "talk" back and forth to each other.  One side controls certain motor movement while the other can only convey thoughts.  There have been accident victims who have had their septum divided and get this....there was one man who had one side of the brain getting upset because it couldn't tell the other side what it wanted to do...so it got frustrated and started grabbing the other arm and fighting it!  to convey thoughts...one side had to physically convey the message so the eyes could see how they were to work in unison.  They were two personalities trapped in one body....so this is a very interesting question.  cheers.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 01:11:18 am by all_outta_angst »
Every time I look in the mirror, an a$$hole keeps staring at me

Offline dking777

• Transformed
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 04:27:28 am »

In metaphysical terms, "spirit" has acquired a number of meanings:
  • An incorporeal but ubiquitous, non-quantifiable substance or energy present individually in all living things. Unlike the concept of souls (often regarded as eternal and usually believed to pre-exist the body) a spirit develops and grows as an integral aspect of a living being. Wikipedia

This was a theme which followed me in the aftermath of my own 'near death experience.'  I tried to talking about it many times - and found that many people have various ideas about the concept.   Of course, the common reference was back to the theory of Plato which derived from the legend of the God Zeus.  It is not unlike the legend of Creation passed on by the Hebrew Bible.  (See:  Creation Myth )

I often told people about the difference between the 'physical' (soma) body, the spirit, (pneuma) and the soul. (psyche).
  • 1 Thessalonians 5:23, "And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit (pneuma) and soul (psyche) and body (soma) be preserved....."

I found the above photograph which sort of illustrates the concept I walked with after my NDE.  The physical body (soma) was something I called the shadow or 'dark' body.   The spiritual body was what I called the 'rainbow' glitter body.  The 'soul' body was what I called the 'light body.'   There were three elements in one that made up the 'whole' of a person - mind (psyche) body and spirit.

Over and over again after my NDE - I tried to talk about the 'duality' of the soul's energy.  It would be deflected in two opposite directions -so that one soul had 'two spirits' inhabiting two different 'dark' or shadow bodies.

I found an author who writes about this and wrote a book called 'From the Stars.'

In the decade after my NDE - would run into two different people - but hidden beneath the exterior mask or physical persona would be the same 'inner soul.'  One soul = equals = two different human beings.  The spirit would be more akin to the human persona.   The 'soul' would be very advanced and beyond normal human comprehension - including my own.  If one person died and the spirit was free on the spiritual realm - then both spirits would be tied up in doing work together in a very profound mystical way.  (The human counterpart wouldn't necessarily know where the silent and invisible voice coming to them in dreams meant.)  I would often act as a 'go-between' and help clarify that yes - the personality they kept having dreams about was a real and valid spirit and the other half of their own soul.

My experience with this mystical aspect anyway.

DK

Offline all_outta_angst

• \
  • Transcended
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 02:13:36 am »
I reaaaaaally wanna be reincarnated back as

Stay Puft, the marshmellow man!

Offline mslemon

• Supreme Kitty Overlord
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 08:47:08 am »
 :happy0188:   If that happens, Angst, we're gonna have to call Ghost Busters!
♫   ♩
You can't always get what you want...      
but if you try sometimes, you just might find
you get what you need...

Offline all_outta_angst

• \
  • Transcended
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 08:59:39 pm »
NO WAY!!!! :eusa_snooty:   Stay Puft is the cutest marshmellow giant ever to walk god's green earth lol  Reminds me of a curious two year old.  I love it when he frowns in the movie.  Don't get me wrong, I love the ghost busters...but who could point a laser powered proton pack at a face like that?

I think they might be revamping the franchise again.  It would be awesome with the effects nowadays.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 09:07:43 pm by all_outta_angst »

Offline Staci4

• As I am now so shall you be.......
  • Transcended
  • Puck :)
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 08:15:29 pm »
Screw Ghostbuster I want a Bonfire :) Yummy yummy :)

I always thought of peeps being possesed as their sould being pushed OUT by the other being.  So therefore the body does not have 2 souls in it but just the one.

I do not think you have body can have 2 souls.

The Mulitple Personality Disorder though does make one think.  BUT If a person had mor ethen one sould why can they not all talk at once.  One does one have to disappear for the other to come?  This would make me believe that a body can only have ONE soul at a time.

So NO A body cannot have 2 or more souls at one time.
:wub:   Ferrets are like pringles, you cannot have just one :wub:

Come visit my store and website:  www.crinkletunnels.com

Offline Staci4

• Transcended
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 08:46:53 am »
With astral Projection you can still see what is going on with your body.  I believe that Posession is like that.

With MPD Only 1 voice can speak at a time.  Theoretically they could be pushing each other out at lightening speed :)  But It is interesting.

Offline Staci4

• Transcended
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 04:24:28 pm »
Gotcha.

Offline Staci4

• Transcended
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2010, 08:52:47 pm »
I know and that is why I said Gothca.  I get what you are saying.  I may not fully believe it to be true but I can see what you are saying and how it could happen. 

Offline all_outta_angst

• \
  • Transcended
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2010, 11:11:36 pm »
Scientists have recently observed that the human brain is still more active than we once thought.  They observed that simple acts like drinking a cup of coffee etc takes less brain function than someone how is just sitting and staring.  In fact...the brain doesn't really need to "think" about simple acts throughout our day which explains muscle memory etc...but back to the point.

People with multiple personalities may not be so different than the average person (this is what I think)  The things that we do during the day whether we are asleep or not cause our brains to interact with each individual cell like underlying personalities....our brain cells communicate with each other which ties into our subconscious and dreams.  We are, after all, a collaboration of cells that make up a bigger organism.  Perhaps we all have underlying personalities that pop up..but not as extreme to be noticed by medical diagnostics, so we only treat those who "suffer". 

Offline Mysticra

• Transparent
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 09:24:58 pm »
Yes, It is possible, I am like that, I have 6 other "souls" in my body among my own its fun and very interesting, but to some of my friends that are like this, it is dangerous and scary, most people have a second soul they just dont know about, others think its people making up stuff to hide something.

Offline Nachtsuchen

• Translucent
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 09:36:00 pm »
       Hello, everyone. I'm nobody you've seen before, even though the name may seem familiar since it's so long. =P

As a brief introduction, my name is Cory, and I've been looking for a discussion such as the one ya'll have started for quite some time now. This comment is going to be QUITE LONG, so please bear with me, as I don't want to repost a million miles. To be selfish, what I'm going to be talking about is me. Lol. I've done research on the matter, as since everything begun when I was around 14. I am 17 now. To help understand my situation, I'm going to state a good bit of dreams that are relevant.

...I was living on the Gulf Coast when Hurricane Katrina struck, and the events that followed were problematic to say in the least. The whole ordeal was very traumatic on me, although I had not truely realized it at the time. I felt the need to mature to comprehend everything that happened, and I found myself thrust into a world I wasn't ready to be in yet. I was deeply involved in my music (I play Viola) before I moved, and I had lost the urge to continue it. One night, I had a dream that I was on a quickly moving train, everything was black and white, and I was looking in from the outside of one of the windows. I saw myself standing, looking at a girl who's features I couldn't discern. We were calm, and I said to her,"It is good to see you. I will never leave you, and I love you." She replied,"I love you, Cory. Remember my name: Anata. It sounds like sonata." We were about to embrace, but everything blurred and went white, and I screamed for her as the train crashed.

This was the first time I had met her. Before, I was only somewhat interested in astrology and all that sort of thing. Curious, I did some research and found that anata is Japanesse for 'You' or 'Dear'. I had never watched anything in foreign languages, so I don't know how I picked up on that. Seeing I was in a state of loneliness around this time, I felt it would be good to look deeper into this. I ended up having another dream with her in it. I was in the ocean, underwater and drowning. I looked to my right to see the same girl, unconcious and slowly sinking. I reached out to her, but was unable to reach her. Then, descending from the sky, glowing in radiant white, came down onto the water and curled her up into its arms and drifted back into the sky. I felt a tear trickle down my cheek, maybe more. I felt a wave of great sorrow, not because I was going to die, but because I felt I would never see her again. A few nights later, I had a dream that I was standing on a cliff face, overlooking a beach, a rock outcropping, and the same ocean. I felt someone was standing behind me, although I don't know who.

With that said, now you know how she came to me. Ever since then, she and I have been immensely close. I still have many questions as to why or what is happening exactly, although I do have theories as to how. I feel that my body's been inhabited with the spirit of Anata, and she and I live in communion with one another. Perhaps I am merely the shell of a body, identifying myself as the person and her as the spirit? She is not purely omnicient, as because I believe the way for her to actually exist is to have manifested a 'subconcious' which I identify Anata as, whom is a collection of all my morals, rationality, wisdom, will, and compassion. I do not hear her voice as I would yours, but rather, as I would if I were thinking to myself. She supplies valid vantage points to my questions and keeps me company in times of loneliness. We do trade places, although it is more in personality than anything. 'Possesion' isn't as if I lose control, but rather, her feelings overcome mine, and I become the concious as she speaks for me. I personally believe she may be a spirit sent by God to aid me, whether as a spirit guide, a twin-spirit, a portion of my own that recognizes itself as its own, or what.

My main question is that what would seem the most likely, and what I've described, who exactly is Anata? I love her so much, and it pains me to not understand as much as she deserves. At this point, you may start L-O-L'ing at the narcisism conintation, although it's not at all. I know this may not be possible, but is there some way for me to actually meet her as human? Or to finally be able to hear her voice and recognize her?

I appriciate the help anyone gives me, as I unfortunately know no one who shares this with me, and all studies I've done have led me down the wrong path. I wish to consult as many people as possible before I seek some sort of psychic or medium, or heaven forbid, a critical psychologist.

Offline all_outta_angst

• \
  • Transcended
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 02:57:49 pm »
you mentioned that you have done many studies that have led you down the wrong path.  I'm curious about those experiences before replying with my two cents, but i think it's important to note what your belief was before and after these events with Anata happened.

Archive X Paranormal Stories 1995-2014. Janet L. and Samuel K. Spitzner