Author Topic: I can't astral project :(  (Read 6380 times)

Offline astrallyhere

• Transparent
I can't astral project :(
« on: July 18, 2010, 07:03:25 pm »
arghh, been trying for ages.
Here's what I do.
Relax.
Get really relaxed.
Wait for the vibrate stage.
And then try to seperate!

Am i doing it right?
Details please!
Thankyouu :)  :heart:

Offline mslemon

• Supreme Kitty Overlord
  • Administrator
Re: I can't astral project :(
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 09:05:23 pm »
astrallyhere

Welcome to the forum.

Here's a link to get you started. You can also try our search feature.

Method
♫   ♩
You can't always get what you want...      
but if you try sometimes, you just might find
you get what you need...

Offline astrallyhere

• Transparent
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 07:59:01 pm »
So, the rollercoast method seems like a very interesting one!!!
Am i doing it right?

By relaxing and trying to wait for the vibrations?

Offline rebekahdarian

• I'm an angel...dont you believe me?!?!
  • Transformed
  • Life is full of misery, but it all ends to soon.
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 10:10:25 pm »
The vibrations are part of astral projection? O.o  I don't know much about astral projection, but that's good to know.... apparently I have been doing it right.
Men weren't really the enemy- they were fellow victims suffering from an outmoded masculine mystique that made them feel unnecessarily inadequate when there were no bears to kill.
- Betty Friedan

http://becausetheangelstoldmeso.blogspot.com/

Offline DeanMoriarty

• Transformed
  • Live. Suffer. And then learn.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 11:37:33 pm »
I've said this in 3 or 4 different posts tonight already. But lucid dreaming is a proven and effective gate way to astral projection. It just takes considerable practice and dedication to develop it to that point. But in addition, it provides windows to other worlds and abilities at the same time.
Just remember to protect your stomach. Where your 'astral cord' is connected. If you wake up from a projection or dream and feel weak, shaky, or very scared, bunch a pillow or sheet or shirt or anything over your stomach, pull your knees up to your chest, and wrap your arms around your legs, and stay that way. You're literally protecting your spiritual umbilical cord in this position. As long as you're laying like that, nothing can scratch you. Things can SCARE you, but that's all. Stay that way until morning, or until you feel safe, no matter how much stuff you hear, or how many things brush across the back or your neck, or whatever. That's as protected as you can be.
And if you wake up cold, or "drained" from any of this work, grab your crotch.
I know that's crude. But it's advice, almost word for word from casteneda's books, (which i make reference to alot, but in my practices, I'm convinced they're the most complete collection of guides for a spiritualist/sorcerer/shaman)
It'll warm you up in a jiffy.
No matter why it will, it's just how our bodies work, and the key to all of this work, is simply discovering what our bodies can do. No matter "why" they can do it, but just learning the most effective ways that we, as human beings, operate, and capitalizing on that.
And if you can't astral project, you're either preoccupied with something that's taking all your attention in your life, or you're not believeing that you're projecting. You're trying to, you're doing all the steps. But intent is vital in all of this. Don't convince yourself that you're going to. But rather, FEEL that you ARE. Believe it with every atom of your body, not that it's going to happen. But that it IS happening.
The same "technique", which is both simpler and more complex then simply convincing yourself, is used in every aspect of "magick"
    Intent or intending is something very difficult to talk about. I or anyone else would sound idiotic trying to explain it. Bear that in mind when you hear what I have to say next: sorcerers intend anything they set themselves to intend , simply by intending it.
-Don Juan, The Art of Dreaming, by Carlos Casteneda
Let it be known, that in this predatorial universe, I will not be Prey.

Offline rudywalsh

• Transformed
  • On evolutions terms, a world of changes turns...
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 05:45:47 pm »
If you see yourself in a dream, then you are dreaming.
If you canít see yourself and it seems like you perceive everything other than yourself, then it could be you are astral travelling, more of us have astral travelled than we realize.
Itís easy to get the two mixed up.
Just remember this, I see myself in a dream, Iím nowhere to be seen, when I Astral travel...

Rudywalsh

Offline DeanMoriarty

• Transformed
  • Live. Suffer. And then learn.
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 10:27:37 pm »
You can see yourself in a dream. And it be a dream.
But you can see yourself while "dreaming" (the practice I've been preaching) and actually be in your energy body, outside, looking at yourself in bed, that's the 3rd gate, if you try hard enough, you can get your sleeping body to move, and watch yourself kick, or roll, or twitch.
I think the difference is only in location.
But this is all speculation, naturally.
I should say, for clarity's sake, that I haven't went that far in my dreaming practices yet. I've gotten as far as the second gate, and encountered scouts. (They matched the form and feeling of descriptions that I read after I encountered them, not merely a projection of my imagination)
There are sentient beings you can encounter in your dreaming, energy projections of awareness from other worlds. (or other strings, if you wanna be specific) It's easy to call them out, i've discovered, but the safety in doing this is unknown. So you can't say I didn't warn you.
Simply achieve lucidity, hold the dreamscape steady, and scream. "ANYTHING THAT IS NOT A PART OF MY DREAM, SHOW YOURSELF"
They will appear as candle flames, or torch flames, or flames, period. these are scouts. There are several different kinds of inorganic beings, but the most common, and the ones who's "job" is to look for dreamers, appear like candle flames.
You can be certain that in any lucid dream you have, there is at least one near by, hiding being the guise of something unfamiliar and out of place. (which is why you practice softly gazing over parts of a dream, systematically. You control your dream though, and you can force them to show themselves. Once you call out to your dream, finding them will be simple. You won't be able to miss them. And worst case, once you see them, you won't be able to look away. And then they can "pull you into the details" (like I said in my guide).
that's getting off on the wrong subject. long story short, never follow them (or not until you're confident that your dream-self can handle them on their home turf), and if you do, never voice that you want to stay with them.
I'm beginning to suspect that, through different techniques, everyone experiencing oobes, and everyone into astral projection, and lucid dreams, are all doing, more or less, the same thing -reaching and developing the energy body. Dreaming is from the ground up. Astral projection...I really have no idea. I have a feeling it's just wake induced lucid dreaming, where you let your assemblage point float freely and you go on a field trip through worlds. Or to a specific one, if you have enough control to repeat the experience. In which case that can also be called stalking of the assemblage point, and deserves a post of it's own. And obe's are "simply" skipping the dreaming part of lucid dreaming, and going straight to the energy body. I say simply, but that's anything but a simple task. And I'm hesitant to attempt it until I can act in my dreams with 100% of my mind, without letting whims and emotions rule my actions.

I think starting with lucid dreaming is the safest, because you begin building discipline in a (moderately) safe realm, a play pen of your minds making, instead of letting a baby walk down 5th avenue.

love and light, like always.

and I know, I know, I always run off topic. This was about obe. But they're all different ways to achieve it. I've never went further with the vibration then just the vibration. Meditating till my hands are shaking. I've been able to control the tempo of my heart beat the same way, I'll turn on a song (there goes my hero, by foo fighters was the first one) and letting my head spin and my hands shake, and going with it, my heart beat matched the drums in the chorus. Which is faster then normal. I ended up getting too dizzy, and getting sick. But still. wild.

/sigh, idk, I need to stop running off on tangents. Love you guys.
Let it be known, that in this predatorial universe, I will not be Prey.

Offline Domintheos

• Translucent
  • All is Mind, All is Consciousness.
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 03:18:05 pm »
Practice meditation and yoga, it will help.

Offline Jake003

• Transparent
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 07:03:25 am »
Hey guys, ive a question. I think youre supposed to keep your physical body relaxed and mind awake right? I get the keeping physical body relaxed part but does this mean i can be singing a song in my head or thinking about stuff to keep my mind awake? i read somewhere that your mind has to be relaxed as well but how the heck do i keep my mind relaxed and still awake, assuming here that keeping my mind relaxed means not thinking about anything. So am i getting this wrong, i mean can i think about stuff or cant i?
And also i think the furthest ive gone is getting vibrations, gone to sleep paralysis once but after waking up and it was unintentional. My problem is the vibrations are not like the kind throughout the body, it just occurs in a few places like my feet and wrists. Ive tried waiting but if i wait too long the vibration disappears and ive to start the whole relaxation thing again. Ive been practicing, i dont have fear and i am able to keep my excitement under control but im just not seeing any progress from this stage. And now thinking back im confused whether what ive been feeling all these while are just tingling sensations on my feet and wrists rather than vibrations. If this is true it would mean that ive never been able to reach the vibrations stage. My question is am i doing anything wrong and why do these sensations mentioned earlier come and go instead of progressing to something more like buzzing sounds and sleep paralysis? Help needed please! And bytheway i tried again yesterday and i heard a voice calling out my name twice and thats about it, nothing changed and no progress:( 

Offline LPC

• Translucent
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 12:33:58 pm »
astrallyhere and Jake: If you are having trouble getting ready for AP - and that requires meditation and spiritual preparation - I suggest that you try listening binaural beats. You will need earphones to listen to them. There are several free versions on the net. I could give you a link to one that is particularly good - but I haven't got enough posts yet to allow me to do that! Don't forget to check your chakras and clear/balance them if necessary. Best wishes!

Offline Maria R

• Transparent
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 07:18:22 am »
You can see yourself in a dream. And it be a dream.
But you can see yourself while "dreaming" (the practice I've been preaching) and actually be in your energy body, outside, looking at yourself in bed, that's the 3rd gate, if you try hard enough, you can get your sleeping body to move, and watch yourself kick, or roll, or twitch.
I think the difference is only in location.
But this is all speculation, naturally.
I should say, for clarity's sake, that I haven't went that far in my dreaming practices yet. I've gotten as far as the second gate, and encountered scouts. (They matched the form and feeling of descriptions that I read after I encountered them, not merely a projection of my imagination)
There are sentient beings you can encounter in your dreaming, energy projections of awareness from other worlds. (or other strings, if you wanna be specific) It's easy to call them out, i've discovered, but the safety in doing this is unknown. So you can't say I didn't warn you.
Simply achieve lucidity, hold the dreamscape steady, and scream. "ANYTHING THAT IS NOT A PART OF MY DREAM, SHOW YOURSELF"
They will appear as candle flames, or torch flames, or flames, period. these are scouts. There are several different kinds of inorganic beings, but the most common, and the ones who's "job" is to look for dreamers, appear like candle flames.
You can be certain that in any lucid dream you have, there is at least one near by, hiding being the guise of something unfamiliar and out of place. (which is why you practice softly gazing over parts of a dream, systematically. You control your dream though, and you can force them to show themselves. Once you call out to your dream, finding them will be simple. You won't be able to miss them. And worst case, once you see them, you won't be able to look away. And then they can "pull you into the details" (like I said in my guide).
that's getting off on the wrong subject. long story short, never follow them (or not until you're confident that your dream-self can handle them on their home turf), and if you do, never voice that you want to stay with them.
I'm beginning to suspect that, through different techniques, everyone experiencing oobes, and everyone into astral projection, and lucid dreams, are all doing, more or less, the same thing -reaching and developing the energy body. Dreaming is from the ground up. Astral projection...I really have no idea. I have a feeling it's just wake induced lucid dreaming, where you let your assemblage point float freely and you go on a field trip through worlds. Or to a specific one, if you have enough control to repeat the experience. In which case that can also be called stalking of the assemblage point, and deserves a post of it's own. And obe's are "simply" skipping the dreaming part of lucid dreaming, and going straight to the energy body. I say simply, but that's anything but a simple task. And I'm hesitant to attempt it until I can act in my dreams with 100% of my mind, without letting whims and emotions rule my actions.

I think starting with lucid dreaming is the safest, because you begin building discipline in a (moderately) safe realm, a play pen of your minds making, instead of letting a baby walk down 5th avenue.

love and light, like always.

and I know, I know, I always run off topic. This was about obe. But they're all different ways to achieve it. I've never went further with the vibration then just the vibration. Meditating till my hands are shaking. I've been able to control the tempo of my heart beat the same way, I'll turn on a song (there goes my hero, by foo fighters was the first one) and letting my head spin and my hands shake, and going with it, my heart beat matched the drums in the chorus. Which is faster then normal. I ended up getting too dizzy, and getting sick. But still. wild.

/sigh, idk, I need to stop running off on tangents. Love you guys.

This is quite right. but not entirely. I am with you in some parts and not with you some others. Yes there is a different ways to achieve it.

Archive X Paranormal Stories © 1995-2014. Janet L. and Samuel K. Spitzner