Author Topic: positive and negative spiritual energy  (Read 2752 times)

Offline all_outta_angst

• \
  • Transcended
positive and negative spiritual energy
« on: June 03, 2011, 08:04:09 pm »
This seems to be an expression rather than literal meaning of "good and evil".  But does this really exist?  Trapped negative energy in a house. 
Is energy not neutral other than in the form of kinetics, or charges (ions)? 

What really happens when spirits draw our energy to materialize?  Can we separate subjective feelings of fear and excitement vs a real physical reaction?
Does having Goose bumps really justify that a spirit is present?

So the bigger question would be...If negative spiritual energy exists...does that make them inherently evil?  No free will. 
If a spirit has positive energy, does that make them good?  how about neutral energy?

What are your thoughts?
Every time I look in the mirror, an a$$hole keeps staring at me

Offline mslemon

• Supreme Kitty Overlord
  • Administrator
Re: positive and negative spiritual energy
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 08:45:41 pm »
Okay, I'll bite.

Going with the fact that everything is energy, I can understand a person interpreting someone's or something's energy as positive or negative. I do believe that this is a perceptual thing based on the experiencer's background, beliefs, fundamental character, etc. (those mix of things that make us each unique)

So, depending upon a person's general nature, I do think one can feel positive or negative energy. Think of passing someone on the street and inherently "knowing" that person is bad news. You get a bad vibe, feel it in the pit of your stomach, hair on your neck or arms stand up. That is a type of intuition, but I think it's a self-preservation mechanism, too and just the same thing you are referring to, Angst.

Now of course a person's perception can be faulty. Just think of those folks who say, "but he was such a nice guy!" when interviewed about their neighbor being a serial killer.

And of course the inverse is also true. "I knew he was no good. I just had a gut feeling something wasn't right with him."

These of course are generalizations, but I firmly believe that's how this works.

We get "feelings" or perceptions about people the instant we meet them. How we interpret that info depends on what our character is. If we are a dangerous risk-taker type, we might not get that "bad" or negative energy feeling. It might be more of excitement. However, those who aren't attracted to that type would feel that negative energy and interpret it as a big red flag and run far and fast the other way.

I also think those energy patterns can carry right over to the spirit side, too. I wouldn't go so far to say that if you are evil in life, your spirit will be, but I think it's quite possible. Perhaps a spirit can perpetuate the negativity or choose to let it go; just like they could have done something about it in life.

That's my take, anyway.

Good questions, btw!
♫   ♩
You can't always get what you want...      
but if you try sometimes, you just might find
you get what you need...

Offline all_outta_angst

• \
  • Transcended
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 11:10:27 pm »
I can attest to your take on negative vs positive spiritual energy, but I wonder, why supposed "shadow" people tend to be labeled negative energy just because of an uneasy feeling they tend to give off.  To visually see a shadow mass moving would unnerve anyone giving that creepy vibe, but whose to say it is necessarily evil based on feelings.

Everyday people tend to get creepy/bad vibes from individuals that are not necessarily bad seeds to begin with.  I grew up with friends who were considered bad kids of town when they were not. 

I don't think anyone, even sensitive people like mediums/psychics can feel a spirits intent.

I don't believe they can feel "bad vibes" that make it true, until a spirit actually shows malevolent actions.

If we hold the living innocent until proven guilty...why do we subject spirits to this prejudice?

Offline mslemon

• Supreme Kitty Overlord
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 09:32:08 am »
If we hold the living innocent until proven guilty...why do we subject spirits to this prejudice?

Because we can't "see" spirits, their presence is not "proven", they are not corporeal, and what we fear is the unknown.

I also think it's possible to to "feel" a spirit's intent. Some spirits, according to stories posted on AX, have a nonthreatening feeling. Others, not so much.
♫   ♩
you get what you need...

Offline all_outta_angst

• \
  • Transcended
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 10:22:41 pm »
You may have a point, but I believe it depends on the person to person basis.  Most would fear and expect malevolence, but some are comfortable being around spirits, so they would be "okay" with their presence.

but all in all...I really don't know.  On the last couple investigations i've been too so far...I haven't been able to feel anything at all

Offline mslemon

• Supreme Kitty Overlord
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 09:16:36 am »
Maybe your tinfoil and beanie hat need some adjusting. Your reception could be off.  ;)
♫   ♩
you get what you need...

Offline all_outta_angst

• \
  • Transcended
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 05:36:34 am »
fortunately my group relies heavily on electronic equipment.  We do have "sensitives", and one new member claiming to be able to see dead people, but this is for testing human abilities more so than verifying evidence.  I don't necessarily agree with them, but skepticism can only go so far without ruling everything out all the time.

Offline Espirit

• Transformed
  • From wonder into wonder existence opens. Lao Tzu
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 01:29:37 pm »
I think we as human beings cannot help but project our own custom fit life "shoes" onto any situation we wind up in.  "Try walking in my shoes".  We all have our own set of truths based on how we grew up and our own special set of emotional cocktails, personalities, etc.  One person's interpretation of a creepy vibe could be, to someone else, a mixture of cooling temperatures, a bad mix of electromagnetic overload, and a subconscious ghost story from a camping trip when they were 9.

Here's a moment from my childhood where I experienced an overwhelming sense of "creepy" when I was a kid.  I was probably about 8 or 9 years old, visiting my grandparents in Kansas.  They had this "radio Teddybear" toy.  He was about a foot or so long, tan, cuddly soft and had a radio player in his back.  One day I was sitting at the top of the staircase that lead to the basement and for some reason, there was just the right mixture of elements going on that etched a memory in my mind, and caused the most unusual sense of "freaky" within me.  A new song got served up on the radio (can't remember what but I'm thinking it was some 80s contemporary tune), I was holding the bear nearby, when I looked down at the bottom of the stairs.  There was this vacuum cleaner, one of those skinny long hosed neck kinds, sitting in the middle of the walkway, next to a furnace.  This was mid-day.  When I looked at the cleaner and the weird little nook spot, mixed with the music, something odd just clicked in my mind.  It was mildly intriguing, but also felt like some weird violation.  I'd never felt that feeling before and from that moment on, the basement was a creepy place, where I was truly afraid (into terror), of being there by myself.

Absolutely nothing happened, that I was aware of, that justified such a reaction from me.  I can't prove to anyone nor to myself that anything spiritual happened, or anything evil happened. 

I think that 9 times out of 10, we project evil and good on what is actually happening.  I've watched a lot of Ghost Hunters and there are startling scenarios that even get the pros having to collect themselves, but even they will admit that it was a startle and not some evil entity threatening them. 

It may be more compelling and interesting to learn about the projector's psychology, in such situations.  Like in my case, I'd love to know what actually was developing in my young mind.  Was it some growth spurt in my brain that happened to get caught in the middle of odd stimulation?

Ok, babbling officially complete. ;)

People are so funny who call themselves "expert". It is a bit like calling yourself "sexy". You don't do it.

Archive X Paranormal Stories 1995-2014. Janet L. and Samuel K. Spitzner