Author Topic: have you met your spirit guides?  (Read 24066 times)

Offline angel

• fallen from heaven itself
  • Transcended
have you met your spirit guides?
« on: December 25, 2006, 07:43:35 pm »
are you aware of them,who are they,how do you communicate?

Offline xceleste

• Transcended
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 06:32:10 pm »
I connected with my spirit guide about two years ago. He's really gentle--He hugs me when I'm down and protects me while I sleep. He's not strong enough to ward off inccubi and other more evil spirits, but I still feel safe. I still don't know who he is exactly--we haven't even spoken to each other yet. I don't understand *why*, but he doesn't wish to let me hear his voice, nor does he want to possess my body. All he does is let me know he's there by touching my hand or stroking my hair. We communicate only through yes's and no's. If it's a 'yes', then he'll touch me once on the right shoulder. If it's a 'no', then he touches me on my left shoulder. That's how I know if he's male. Haha, it may sound crazy, but I think I've fallen in love with my spirit guide! He makes me feel really safe. I think it's a feeling that all people should experience.

Offline Adrii

• Translucent
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 01:35:41 am »
I have met my spirit guide...I don't know much about him yet because I haven't really communicated that much with him, but he's so comforting and he lays down next to me when i'm sleeping and strokes my hair...sometimes he just sits in my room and it makes me feel safe...I totally agree with what xceleste said, everyone should experience that feeling!

Offline Kaiya

• Annual Visitor
  • Transcended
  • Lost, but not alone.
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 11:33:03 pm »
Best feeling in the freaking world. Hands down. It's so nice to know that you're safe even when you're physically alone. Met mine a loooong time ago. and its so nice when you have problems sleeping.
~When did saying "hello" become so pleasant...?~ <3

Offline Kizzy29

• Translucent
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 05:55:39 pm »
I lost my nana a few years ago. I was in bits. I was sobbing in bed one night, my husband was at work. I felt someone stroking my hair and saying shhh shhh over and over again. My whole body relaxed and I had a great nights sleep. Was this my spirit guide? If I am stuck in traffic I always say help me find a quicker route home. Then I start driving down side streets I have never been in before and I am home in half the time.:)  Was this my spirit guide helping? How can I talk to them and have them talk to me?

Crimson Diamond

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 07:12:53 am »
Dear friends

Due to my restrictions by my teacher i will explain simply about guides.

Guides are souls in which you made a pack with before incarnating into this world to contine the evolution of your soul.

Life on earth is an education, each day your soul evolves, in all your deeds and thoughts, positive or negative. There is no grand punishment but an evolution which yous will figure eventually.

Guides are loving entities and are extrodinarily powerful, dont think for once that they are weak, they are your best mates with unconditional love, they have access to so many abilities. If you feel that you have been cursed by some kind of evil, just laugh and ask your guide to fix it. Ezy.
Dont forget we need downfalls too in life to evolve.

To communicate with them, iam sure there are some really good books out there, and iam yet awaiting for a book that my teacher is working on.
Boy the world is going to jump from it.

Once you cross over your guides will be the first you will meet so dont run away... hahaha

Much peace

Offline angelbabiez97

• Transformed
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 12:35:51 pm »
LOL, and who is this teacher, this mighty one with all the answers to this world and beyond...Jesus? No really, I thought you made some valid points(also some narrowed minded ones) Im curious what book they are writing....the bible, fifth edition? Or is the one of psychic Sylvia Browns new masterpieces? I do not believe one person has all the answers in this world, a wise person would not poo poo this or poo poo that, which does not fit into their own perspective of how things are, there are billions of people in this world with different perspectives on things, theirs might not be yours and yours might not be theirs, but that doesnt make only yours right. You can only share your knowledge and let the other person use their own free will to accept it or refuse it, to laugh at other people because they do not share your views, is self righteous. You might have some good explanations for things, you might even be able to help alot of people, but to demise others to get your own point across will do nothing, but defeat your purpose. My point at the top of this post, was to dish out, what you have done in many of your posts, we could laugh at you in the same hilarious, ridiculous manner, but as you will find, many of us here are open minded....our book is an open book to add to, not to be written, finished and sold...please lose your attitude because if you do have something to offer this world, you might lose your audience and that would be a shame.

Crimson Diamond

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 08:07:05 pm »
Have fun and smile, in the process.
=D

Offline angelbabiez97

• Transformed
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 10:49:20 pm »
sigh

Offline Aluna

• Don\'t Fight Life. Roll With It.
  • Transformed
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 12:09:47 am »
1. I know who my spirit guide is and the relationship I have had with him in my past lives, and he does not match your description, Crimson.  He's an old friend of mine, and we don't have any "pacts" or "agreements." just an old friendship.

2. Sometimes it's not as easy as telling your spirit guide to make the bad guys go away.  Sometimes your spirit guide will refuse you for whatever reason, and sometimes they can't handle whatever it is themselves.

They are powerful beings, but I don't believe they have this infinite ability.  I also don't think it's a good idea to have someone else fix everything for you.

I also believe communication is personal.  I don't think you have to buy a book, but if you are stumped, the internet can be an amazing, low-cost resource.
If pro is the opposite of con, then what\'s the opposite of progress?

Crimson Diamond

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 08:19:36 am »
"In my opinion"

Aluna, you may just have another guide....

peace

Offline Enlightened

• Transformed
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 09:39:10 am »
I've recently discovered my spirit guide.  Communication is on a telepathic level.  I ask questions and get answers.  One thing to be mindful of, if it doesn't feel right then it probably isn't your spirit guide.  You will not feel fear from your true "Guide".  Also, they tend to have a sense of humor.

I didn't try to connect as many are attempting these days.  My belief is that they will come to you when you are ready to listen and are paying attention.

Offline InhabitedFossil

• Transformed
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 05:01:48 pm »
I'm very excited, I just met my spirit guide last night.  I have finals next week (I'm a biochem major, first year, it's been tough so far), and was feeling quite stressed out and needed some type of guidance.  I've never been really religious, but was interested in spirit guides.  I've read little blips about them, and how meditation can help focus on them...so I layed down on my bed, and closed my eyes.  At first, he didn't want to show himself to me.  Then, I felt some sort of pressure, just behind my back (I was laying on my side).  Suddenly, I just felt a relief kind of get over me.  I think I may have annoyed him slightly, I asked him so many questions (not all were yes/no....I heard that's all you should ask them at first), but he answered all of them in good stride, with a bite of humor sometimes, if I got too forward.  His presence I've noticed is one I've felt before.  I know he's been there in the car accidents I've been in, and when I fell of a horse and broke my arm (it should have been much worse than it was).  I feel comforted to know that he's there, is caring, and watching out for me.  I would love to tell you all his name/form, but I don't know if he'd like that, considering it took him a while to warm up to me...though I have a feeling that at first it was more of a game to get me thinking and guessing his true form.
Currently thinking of a new signature....I like to change these often, since change is the spice of life.  At least according to me it is.

Offline elwood13

• Transparent
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 09:48:00 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm just new to this site but you're chat caught my attention.

I'm 23.  I think(?) I met my spirit guide when I was 17.

I've seen a man, very large - almost 7feet with long black hair.  He's quite scary/intimidating looking (looks like a warrior) but the times that I've seen him I have felt a surreal almost euphoric sense of safety.

He has only appeared to me once or twice but others have seen him with me and described him in the same form as I remember.  

I think I fully realised/accepted his presence a couple of years ago when I was going through a really bad patch and went to visit my boyfriend at the time for comfort.  I was crying and he was lying in bed huggin me and got up to go to the kitchen to get a drink of water.  I begged him not to leave me but he said he was only going to the kitchen and I would be fine alone for a minute.. Long story short - this particular bf is a science student and doesn't belive in anything including god, ghosts etc but he opened the bedroom door, turned white, started shaking and jumped back into bed and promised not to leave me.  He was obviously shaken up and when I coaxed information out of him he told me that when he'd opened the door there was a really large man with dark hair standing blocking the way and he had an overwhelming feeling that he wasn't allowed to leave me (this is coming from a COMPLETE non believer + I'd never told him about my spirit guide - let alone the details of his appearance).  I think that was my spirit looking after me?

xceleste,
My spirit guide hasn't let me hear his voice either?  I have seen him standing about 3feet away from me in full colour/detail and i begged him to speak to me (i was scared outta my brain) but he wouldn't answer.  But.. unlike you I am constantly amazed at my guide's strength.  I can't believe I'm saying this - I feel a little bit crazy but I swear on my life I have seen him enter someone elses body.  I was camping with a group of friends once and one of the girls was having a nightmare and whimpering/crying in her sleep.  Another friend went really strange (we were the only ones awake), he kind of went into a trance and walked over to her - as he was standing there I watched him transform into my spirit guide and he placed his hands on her head and she immediately stopped whimpering and started sleeping peacefully?!

I've had several conversations with that person - he believes the man is his spirit guide not mine but I disagree because he has shown himself several more times and is still with me years later regardless of whether I'm alone or with other people.  I read somewhere that spirits can guide more than one person at the same time?  Is it possible he guides both of us? OR could my friend be right when he says that its his guide that he's 'leant' to me once or twice because of the close bond/friendship between us??

I like to consider myself a spiritual person but I am studying psychology and work in a Mental Health facility so I believe that sometimes 'social norms' and my familiarity with mental iillness causes fear and inhibits my receptiveness.

But.. Despite my fears and my logical rational I am still a believer.  I have seen ghosts, sensed/known things that I shouldn't/delivered messages from people who have passed, I have dreams that come true and more often than not i just 'know things'.

I have so many questions...!!

Is it true that spirit guides can enter your body? Or just spirits in general?  

I was meditating one night and a nasty spirit entered my room.  It was horrible, I went dizzy, there was this pressure around my whole body and I couldn't see - my vision started going black and fuzzy around the edges and got smaller and smaller until I couldn't see anything - but I remembered being told that a spirit can't stay in your home if you refuse it admission so I just started saying in my head 'go away, you are not welcome here, you are bad, you can't stay etc'.  It took awhile, but I won and it left.

InhabitedFossil,
I have also felt my guide during a car accident.  Four witnesses expected me to be dead after rolling and flipping a car I walked out with barely a scratch (actually i crawled/was dragged out the other side cauz my side was too smashed up).  The roof had caved in almost 60cms just 3inches left of my head, its only by gods grace that I survived. The man (truck driver) who pulled me out of the car told me I was blessed and he was going to buy a tatslotto ticket in my honour cauz he'd never seen anyone so lucky! haha I hope he won.

Kizzy29, Kaiya, Adrii etc
I am so jealous you have experienced your guides stroking your hair etc.  I can't associate with that - the closest I have had is someone sitting on my bed or standing at my doorway.  As long as I can remember I have occasionally felt the pressure/prescence and occasionally the figure of someone at the foot of my bed.

angel,
I agree with aluna, the internet can be a wonderful (and cheap) tool in meeting your guide.  I just found a site with 11 lessons on how to communicate with your guide, I haven't had a chance to try it out yet but here's the link: http://www.crystalinks.com/spirit_guides.html

Anyway all, I'm so sorry for making this msg so long.  I have a tendancy to get carried away...  I'm just really excited that I've found somewhere where I can talk/get advice so thanks for listening n would love to hear your feedback etc.

Offline Aluna

• Don\'t Fight Life. Roll With It.
  • Transformed
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 04:05:16 am »
To answer some of your questions, sometimes a being can choose to guard more than one person simply out of personal preference.  

Although I'm not a big fan of possession myself, I do know people that let their spirit guides take over their bodies when they run across something they are not experienced enough to take care of themselves.

I also believe regular spirits can also take over your body, but it's a controversial issue, and I'll leave this answer short.

This man does sound like some kind of guardian, if you feel so safe around him.
If pro is the opposite of con, then what\'s the opposite of progress?

Archive X Paranormal Stories 1995-2014. Janet L. and Samuel K. Spitzner